Friday, August 14, 2009

Independence Day

I feel love for my country. I always have. Tomorrow is the 15th of August, a day I have always felt happy to be a part of. There is this part of me which wants to burst out and celebrate everytime a patriotic gesture is made by anyone. I want to re-live those days when I was a cadet, the time I wore that uniform and had marched numerous times saluting the tri-colour. The national anthem moves me to know end. I personally feel that it is one of the best pieces of music ever created. A melody so powerful, it can melt the most stoic non-believer in our country.
Our countries has its limitations. Lets not overlook that. We don't have the best of roads, the tallest buildings, the new age technology and many more of these things, but what we must realise is, after generations of erosion, wars and slavery, we still have our culture. We still go through with those customs with zeal and enthusiasm. We are changing. The new generation is not corrupt or power hungry, nor is it laid-back. The generation to come will be more dynamic. Lets not let this feeling of oneness drain out as the clock strikes 12 tomorrow night. We are and will remain a great nation and I won't let a global 'public transport system' poll determine our maturity and progress. Jai Hind

1 comment: