Thursday, January 7, 2010

Interfere

Why do I feel the need to help someone in need ? I walk up to the person and tug the ropes, the more I try, the tighter they get. I try desperately to help, but it doesn't work. Giving up is not an option but helping was not the solution. I made it worse. Maybe I should have just stayed back. I let go. The strings stop fighting back. The creature quivers with fatigue and sinks down... The ropes hang loose..

I won't touch what doesn't beckon me. The complications are far too many to be sorted out under philosophies and understanding. I will now respond only to the call of need, not need itself. Maybe the creature was meant to be that way.

2 comments:

  1. "..sometimes the cracked pane of glass splinters light in all the *wrong* directions."
    Why blame it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly my point. I won't go seeking for light to filter. I'll let it come to me.

    ReplyDelete